Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's inevitable...

If you work and live outside the bubble of your home, you are going to be confronted with unexpected food moments.  I have found this to be more true than ever lately.  This morning, there were cupcakes in honor of a new baby.  Tomorrow, we have meetings, which will mean snacks.  I actually have to bring a portion of these snacks, so I volunteered the veggie tray.  I purchased a ton of fresh veggies and some dip (which I won't have, but know that many others would want.)  I have it set in my mind that I can load up on the veggies, and that I will ignore the cookies and assorted treats.  I cannot leave this decision for tomorrow.  I need to be firm in it now.

I had a great walk last night, and I'm about to jump on the elliptical.  It's also very hot here today, so I've definitely got my water in!

How are you all doing?  What decision are you firm in for tomorrow? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, great blog, I am running into the same issue for this weekend’s getaway with family and I am now trying to figure out what to do before Friday. Not too many people know I am doing this and this weekend it is only my sister that knows, not even my husband. I am on day 8 of the attack and have lost 7lb (ya). I want to hit that 10 before I go into the next phase, but if not, by Saturday I will start the next. I am sure people will notice that I am not pushing them out of the way when snacks come out. So, I am working on my meal plan for each day so that I don’t get into trouble.
    Thanks for the other comments and other blog I love reading them and have gotten some great ideas about what to eat. It makes the book make a little more sense. Like today I reread about eggs and I can have two a day that will help. I am so over steak and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, TC! There is definitely some added pressure when people in your life know you're "dieting", and I think you have to divulge the information at your own pace. Me, I find that I need to get some success under my belt, otherwise, I feel people will judge everything I eat...
    As for the weekend, do your best to plan your day on the diet, but don't allow yourself to freak out if not everything goes according to plan...it's too easy to give up in those cases...make the best decisions possible! And fantastic for 7 lbs. down!!

    ReplyDelete