Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Pop" and Circumstance...

Graduation is a mine field, ladies and gentlemen!  I have several parties to attend, and have already attended several, over the next few weeks.  And people are OFFENDED if you don't eat something!  They don't care how many you have to go, and they don't care if you're on a diet.  They care about how much money they spent on the thing, and how much time they spent making those little mints in the molds, and they want you to enjoy it, darn it!  It's been challenging to say the least!

I am down another 2 lbs. this week (woohoo!), but I was hoping for more.  Graduation may be part of it, although I've been doing my best to navigate those waters.  I think I do need to look at my soda intake, though.

Yes, pop has reentered my life since the beginning of this diet.  Coke Zero to be precise.  I have consumed about 1 can/day since this thing started, and sometimes more (and, I suppose sometimes less...about 6/week).  Now, 1/day may not seem like a lot, depending upon your perspective, but I had largely stopped consuming pop except on rare occasions.  In the month of this diet, I have taken in more cola than I normally would in a year.  It's not that I don't like it, and it wasn't even the health benefit of it when I reduced my intake...it was the fact that I was drinking so much water I just didn't have time for it! 

I know I'm drinking zero calorie, and it became immediately necessary to curb my "sweet" craving, but now I need to really reevaluate...tea, maybe?

I'm going to take my book along with me this weekend and re-read.  Now that I'm into the diet, I think the pages will make more sense, and perhaps I can find some new plans. 

No one ever said dieting would be easy.  It's never been in the past, and I've "failed" many times.  But never to fail is never to succeed, and I haven't given up on myself yet.  13 lbs. in a month (with one week of zero change) is nothing for me to belittle! 

Have a fantastic weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment