Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Day Out with Dukan

So, after my attack phase, I had my first eating out experience while on the Dukan Diet.  I had quite a bit of paper work to catch up on yesterday, and I wanted to get out to my favorite coffee shop.  My usual order there is something called the Mocha Pichu, which is coffee, milk, Mexican Chocolate and real caramel...umm...delicious!  (I don't get there often, not even once/month, so I wasn't having this daily, or anything...) I looked at it longingly on the menu, over the top of their homemade gelato (yes, they have that too...), and ordered a coffee with sugar free caramel and skim milk...and it was okay. 

Then, I met friends at a local restaurant.  I had already looked up the menu online, so I knew what I was going to have before I got there: the grilled chicken salad.  I ordered it loaded with veggies and dressing on the side. I did opt for fat-free ranch, but I have a trick.  Although they brought out two cups of it, I hardly used any at all.  The secret? Dip your fork into the dressing to get a small bit on the tines, and then load your fork.  You get a small hint of the dressing, but it doesn't mask the salad.  And my salad was AMAZING!  I actually wish I could go back and have another today!  And the kicker? The scale was still down a bit today!

Now I need to up my exercise and get more intense.  I am not someone who hadn't been exercising...I just had fell out of consistency with it, and now it's time to get back in that groove.

Onwards and upwards via the downward scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment