Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hybrid Diet? Dukan and the 17 Day

So, this I know.  I'm having trouble...

I also know that I refuse to give up...

And I know that I am struggling with a summer of restriction (especially fruit).  One of the great people I have connected with through this blog and the experience has decided to follow the 17 Day Diet.  I've seen it in the stores, and I spent some time yesterday morning comparing Dukan with 17 at Barnes and Noble.  There are some similarities, and some key differences.  Namely, fruit and some other "carb" options (black beans, etc.) are allowed. 

So here's what I'm thinking, and let me know what you think.  I have at least 50 lbs. to lose, and I'd like to get quite a bit of that in over the summer.  I think I'm going to combine 17 with Dukan (the pure protein is very hard for me, but there's no denying that it can be a "booster".)  I guess the bottom line is, I'm not looking to be a "purist".  I am truly looking for the best (and a HEALTHY) way to get to a reasonable weight before the end of 2011.  I've given up so many times, and I refuse to give up now.  There are merits to both programs, and I think I could make a life out of taking the best out of both of them.

Tomorrow I will begin the 17 Day first phase.  I may throw a couple days of Dukan attack in there as well.  I will keep reporting on my progress.

As for yesterday's weigh in, well, not pretty.  I'm back to a net of 9 lbs. lost since the beginning.  This is discouraging.  It is.  But that's why I'm recalibrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment