Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've got the Blahs, and I know it...

The weather was crazy this weekend, and rereading Dukan didn't happen.  It's on this weekend's plan for sure.

This has been a crazy week with school winding down, and I'm sitting in front of a mountain of grading.  Storms are near again, and that means I won't get to go on my walk again tonight (last night was also not a walk night, but I spent quite a bit of time doing some 'manual' labor after work, so I think my activity level was surpassed....at least according to my Bodybugg...but I love my walks!) 

My food has been boring: Eggs, deli meat and veggies (on veggie days), and various chicken and fish combos for supper.  I know I need to fix this, and I'm going to try to come up with some things for the weekend.

On the up side: No pop since Saturday!

What are your favorite recipes?  What gets you over the "blahs"??

Moving forward!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! The weather here has been crappy as well, and it definitely leaves a bad taste in your mouth!

    As for recipes, I love my 'kimchi chigae'. It is so good, and has so much flavour that it really makes me forget I'm on a diet (which I'm not really right now! Need to though:)

    Great job on the pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne! Just started the Dukan diet on Monday and glad to have found your blog! I'm in day 4 of the Attack phase and down 3.0 pounds so far. Only 20 more to go, haha! Hope all is well and looking forward to reading more of your experiences! Amalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what a kimchi chigae is, Heather, but I would love the recipe! I'm always up for a new dish!

    Welcome Amalia, and congrats on the 3 pounds down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about things getting bland and I am only 11 days in but 8.7lbs lighter.. Im addicted to my scale though.. It keeps me focused! And its hard to find recipes friendly to North America.. I dont suppose you know what quark is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the recipes on my blog (kimchi Chigae is there!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to look harder for it, Heather! Thank you!

    And Tori, I do not have a clue what quark is! I think I looked it up at the beginning, but now I can't remember!!

    ReplyDelete